Monday 23 March 2009

Pace Egg Mumming Play

Hi All,

As promised, I've been in touch with the Bury Pace Eggers and found out when they'll be performing. Unfortunately it's not on the Easter weekend, but the one before - which clashes a bit with the Big Green Doodah in Chorlton.
We'll be watching the earliest performance we can and then shooting off to Chorlton. Hope we can see you there.
I'm still working on the Frog Parade stuff, but I'll get there in the end.

Anyway, here's a copy of the email Francis Roe of Bury Pace Eggers sent to me:

Hi Sean

Pace Egging will be on Sat 4th and Sun 5th April. We'lll be at
Ramsbottom Market from 10.30 on the Saturday.then from 12 noon at the
Square between Bury Market and Millgate shopping centre. We'll be
around the Rock and the Square between 12 and 2.00pm, plus the
following pubs:

Two Tubs 1.00
White Lion 1.15
Knowsley 1.45
Trackside 2.15

On Sunday, it's just the following pubs

White Horse, Walshaw 12.30
Pack Horse, Affetside 12.50
Red Lion, Hawkshaw 1.20
Wagon and Horses, Hawkshaw 1.40
Lord Raglan, Nangreaves 2.05
Footballers, Higher Summerseat 2.35
Hamers, Higher Summerseat 2.45

Looking forward to seeing you. I shan't be there myself on the Sunday.
Paul Sanderson will be in charge for the day.

Good wishes

Francis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How lovely - "Pace Egging!" My mother always referred to this & I remember Avenham Park in Preston when we went Pace Egging! lol Nobody knows what I'm talking about these days, so it was lovely to hear it again & I felt my mum & all her old ways! Jools x